[SATLUG] A question for Mac users...

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Dec 26 14:31:00 CST 2007

On 12/26/07, Ernest De Leon wrote:

>     I just bought a new iMac for my significant other for Christmas.
>  Naturally, I get to use it too. :)   I got the 24"  2.8 gHz model with
>  Leopard.  I know that most PCs don't come with an office suite on them, and
>  the Mac only came with trial versions of two.

The web site <http://lifehacker.com/> has lots of good articles about
various good pieces of software on Mac, Windows, or Linux, and I
would encourage you to read that and take a look at the Mac software
they recommend.  Their suggestions cover the whole gamut of software
that I think you'd be likely to want, some of which would be free but
some of which might also be commercial.

At the very least, I suggest that you might want to take a look at
what they recommend before getting or buying something else.