[SATLUG] A question for Mac users...

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:47:36 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 13:04 -0600, Brad Knowles wrote:
> The Omni applications are great and let you use them in trial mode
> with no time limits, just limits on the size and complexity of the
> documents.

I love their Graffle application. It is so much nicer than Kivio.

> AppleWorks was pretty decent, but it's been dead for years.
>
> I can't make heads or tails of Pages or Numbers (two applications from
> the iWork suite), but maybe you can do better than I have.

Pages is somewhere between InDesign and Word, but is much easier to use
than Word.

> NeoOffice is a more Mac-native port of the OpenOffice stuff.

NeoOffice is definitely *not* a native Mac port port of OpenOffice. It is a java port of the majority of Open Office. I don't think it is a one for one port of Open Office, and it is not very stable. I wouldn't recommend it for anything you would consider important.

~Nate