[SATLUG] Monitor/Video issues?

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 00:43:52 CST 2007

As long as you set the correct refresh rate and monitor size/resolution, it
should be ok.  If you ran with higher resolutions on other monitors, then I
would doubt it's the card itself.  More than likely it's the refresh rate or
an incorrect Horiz/Vert frequency.  I would reconfigure the xserver and try
some different settings.  One is bound to work.  If you have the full specs
of the monitor in the manual, then do an advanced config and set all of the
parameters by hand.

Ernest

On Dec 27, 2007 10:21 PM, Justin Burdette <justin.burdette at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 with an nVidia 5600XT graphics card. Had an
> older
> 15" LCD and decided to upgrade as a birthday gift to myself.
> Unfortunately,
> the new monitor (a Sceptre X20 widescreen) seems to get very jittery at
> random intervals and really doesn't like it when I watch any video files
> in
> my browsers. I'm not 100% sure it's the monitor, but I've never had a
> problem with the video card before, even at high resolutions on my old
> CRTs.
>
> Is there something I can use to determine where the problem really lies? I
> tried running glxgears and, while I got good framerate reports (1800+), it
> caused the monitor to go jittery again. When it starts, everything else
> jitters for a few minutes and it will finally stop, but I usually have to
> minimize/maximize something, change websites, or switch to another X
> session.
>
> It doesn't just do it when I'm watching videos, but that seems to be the
> main time when it happens. If it really is the video card, I guess I'll
> use
> it as an excuse to upgrade everything. Does anyone have any experience
> with
> the onboard nVidia video systems on some of the new AMD motherboards?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin

Join the Ron Paul Revolution
http://www.prezronpaul.com