[SATLUG] Remote VMware server console slow

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 00:55:13 CST 2007

I pretty much concur.  The best solution is to have at least a 10/100
switched network for doing Vmware's server console.  I tried it server wired
to wireless client and wireless server to wired client and it was laggy as
heck.  Moving it to server wired to wired client gave me the best option.

One note on vnc (at least my experience) is that if the vmware session is a
console and not X based, VNC won't always catch the screen update.  Ctrl-Alt
will usually do it but that takes the mouse/kybd from the VM....

Good luck!

FIRESTORM_v1