[SATLUG] using telnet to send emails

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 16:58:08 CST 2007

Whenever you sent an email, this is your information shown.

Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com>

This is not your only information shown.

scarolan at gmail.com

When I send an email, I want the name and address to be show to the recipient.

Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote: On Dec 28, 2007 4:50 PM, Chris Lemire  wrote:
> That doesn't tell the name of the person that the email was sent from which is the problem I'm having.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Someone sent you an email and you
want to find out their name?  For this you might have better luck
looking at the SMTP headers.