[SATLUG] wireless problem using linux driver

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 20:43:21 CST 2007

I don't want to use driverloader. It's not free and open source.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,list_o-z/

If you push control f in Firefox and search for my model of network adapter (TEW-424UB), it shows a link to a driver, and it says the Window's driver I need is RTL8187B_logo_6.1074.0406_silent_install.zip. However I do not see that driver anywhere on the web page. I do see a Linux driver, and that's the one I've been trying to use. What's wrong with that?

Chris Lemire <good_bye300 at yahoo.com> wrote: Is it supposed to work with Vista drivers unlike ndiswrapper?

Alex Bartonek  wrote:
--- Chris Lemire  wrote:

> The cd included with it only has .inf and .sys
> drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit Vista. Neither of
> those worked using ndiswrapper. Why does it not have
> a .inf file for XP?

have you tried driverloader w/your .inf file?  (linuxant.com)