[SATLUG] A question for Mac users...

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 02:46:37 CST 2007

I think in this sense, it's not so much the quality of the product so much
as it's the producer of said product.  I make every effort possible to make
sure M$ doesn't get a penny from me.  If it comes down to it, I will pay for
iWork and use it as needed.  Right now I'm using Neo Office as recommended,
and I am happy enough with it to keep it.  There is a new version of OOo
that is out (in beta I think) with aqua.  I'll try that out too.  I also
know that Lotus Symphony is actively working on a Mac port and it should be
out soon.  Short of that, if nothing hits the spot exactly, I will go with
iWork.  I'd rather give Apple my $$$ than M$.

Ernest

On Dec 30, 2007 12:05 AM, Victor <victor.trevino at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is absolutely nothing wrong with using MS Office. Lynch me for
> saying this but it's top of the line.
>
> On Dec 27, 2007 5:47 PM, pixelnate <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 13:04 -0600, Brad Knowles wrote:
> > > The Omni applications are great and let you use them in trial mode
> > > with no time limits, just limits on the size and complexity of the
> > > documents.
> >
> > I love their Graffle application. It is so much nicer than Kivio.
> >

> > > AppleWorks was pretty decent, but it's been dead for years.
> > >
> > > I can't make heads or tails of Pages or Numbers (two applications from
> > > the iWork suite), but maybe you can do better than I have.
> >
> > Pages is somewhere between InDesign and Word, but is much easier to use
> > than Word.
> >

> > > NeoOffice is a more Mac-native port of the OpenOffice stuff.
> >
> > NeoOffice is definitely *not* a native Mac port port of OpenOffice. It
> is a java port of the majority of Open Office. I don't think it is a one for
> one port of Open Office, and it is not very stable. I wouldn't recommend it
> for anything you would consider important.
> >
> > ~Nate
> >

> > --

Join the Ron Paul Revolution
http://www.prezronpaul.com