[SATLUG] Job Offer: Linux Admin

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 16:26:53 CST 2007

has nothing to do with me..just posting.. its a
cut-n-paste so it may look butchered.. contact info is
below.

Thanks

Alex:  I mentioned to you a couple of weeks ago that
NGS was looking for
a Linux Admin.  If you know of anyone, please have
them send me their
resume at gary.ballard-toney at nortelgov.com.  The job
description is
below.

Job Description:

Nortel Government Solutions has an immediate opening
for a Systems
Engineer located in San Antonio, TX. A High School
Degree is required
with up to 3 years of experience.

Summary of expected duties and responsibilities:
*Strong Linux System Administration and
troubleshooting skills.
*Strong email and web security skills and familiar
with hardware
configuration.
*Familiar with RDBMS and Windows.
*Good oral communication and writing skills
*Required to physically handle servers (taking them in
and out of racks
and configuring). Assist with transportation.
*Local and remote travel required.
*Must be willing to work on nights and weekends, as
required.
*Must have excellent customer service skills and be
able to meet
established deadlines.
*BS desired. Experience may be substituted for
education.
Requirements:
Linux system administration, email and web security,
RDBMS, Windows,
strong communication and customer service skills.
Travel required, varying work schedule may include
nights and weekends,
physically handle equipments.

Thanks,

B-T