[SATLUG] Help with MythTV

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sun Feb 4 13:23:22 CST 2007

I need help with MythTV.  I am running elive (debian) and have managed to get
it downloaded and installed on my machine using Synaptic.  The backend and
the front end both come up.  My problem is with the set up.  Every time I try
to run it it tells me that it cant connect to the database.  As part of the
install I had to download and install MySQL which as far as I can tell is
good to go. I am a bit of a noob and have no experience with MySQL so if
someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks
Todd