[SATLUG] How do you take a dump?

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Thu Feb 8 13:50:58 CST 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:39:10 -0600, "Clif Smith" <cjs at cjs226.com> wrote:
> I dig rsnapshot which uses a combination of rsync and hard links to provide
> point in time snapshots without duplicating data.

That would be pretty nice for my homedir and media storage backups. I love that there are so many options for backups. That's one thing that the *nix world has over Windows, unless you want to spend lots of money.

I still like dar/bzSarab for the system backups because the archives are compressed. If I'm going to need those, I can wait for them to be decompressed and increments combined.