[SATLUG] VMWare & CPU question

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 09:05:44 CST 2007

I have a AMD XP 2800 cpu and am running VMWare 5.x (I
forget the actual version)..  At any rate I tried
installing Adobe Encore DVD on a XP session (I know..I
can hear jaws dropping, everything coming to a stop
etc etc).. but Adobe's installer says I have to have a
CPU that supports SSE2 instruction.  Does VMWare
utilize what my true CPU supports or does it only
support a certain subset of cpu instructions?  I
thought my CPU did SSE2.

-Alex