[SATLUG] MsWindows mount message question...

Ben Price ve3cda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 09:15:23 CST 2007

Hello again:

Just as an update...

In the suggested updates this morning (Feb 24, 2007) was an update to both
FUSE and ntfs-3g, which I applied. Notice that the WARNING message has
changed a bit and now refers to a faulty FUSE version 2.6.2.

Ben

[ben at localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root at localhost ~]# mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
WARNING: Deficient FUSE kernel module detected. Some driver features are
         not available (swap file on NTFS, boot from NTFS by LILO), and
         unmount is not safe unless it's made sure the ntfs-3g process
         naturally terminates after calling 'umount'. The safe FUSE kernel
         driver is included in the official Linux kernels since version
         2.6.20-rc1, or in the FUSE 2.6.0 or later software packages,
         except the faulty FUSE version 2.6.2. Please see the next page
         for more help: http://www.ntfs-3g.org/support.html#fuse26

[root at localhost ~]#