[SATLUG] Help with Modem

Vern Davis vern.davis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:59:08 CST 2007

On 2/26/07, Herb <herbc at txcyber.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out what to do to install this External
> Modem I bought.

Herb;

I'll bet you that all the information you need is available on via a
google/linux search, quite possibly starting here;

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO.html

However, it's damn near impossible to get that kind of help if your
modem ain't communicating.

I've got zero (zilch, nada) experience with external modems, and it
would be damn near impossible for me to troubleshoot via e-mail, but I
remember from earlier you had said you retired to your own personal
Hell's Two Acres.

I'm just wondering whereabouts in This Universe might that be?

vern.davis at gmail.com