[SATLUG] need help :: central secure storage location accessed by many

twistedpickles twistedpickles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:57:36 CST 2007

I was recently asked to set up an FTP server by one of my execs to
share files in our region between 50 locations. The only requirements
were that the transmissions, and the system be secure because of the
sensitivity of the information and it must be accessible from the WWW.

I believe that everyone will benefit more from a web app on Apache via
https. We would need capabilities to upload, and download documents
from within IE or FireFox. The app should allow everyone within the 50
locations to see  all files and restrict overwriting/editing/deleting
to owners and a few admins. Can anyone on the list make a
recommendations.

::twistedPickles:: :