[SATLUG] What is the quickest way to steal space from a Vista partition?

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:59:04 CDT 2008

The title says it all. My linux partition on my laptop is running out of
space and I need to keep the Vista partition for some screen calibration
software that I use to generate monitor profiles, but I would like to
steal 35-45Gb from it to create another place for MP3s, etc. I was
trying to use gparted, and while I did get the Vista partition
unmounted, it wouldn't let me resize it. Do I need to be booting from a
live CD to be able to do this? Would a Ubuntu install disk work or is
there something better (like a Xandros disk?).

~Nate