[SATLUG] What is the quickest way to steal space from a Vista partition?

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:22:04 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:08 PM, pixelnate <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Yes, it will. There are two barriers to using XP, 1) I would have to set
>  up a driver disc and reinstall Winders on the  lappy, 2) I don't know
>  the first think about running VMware (if that's where you are going). I
>  will ultimately go with 1 (or maybe 2), but I don't have the personal
>  time to deal with that. Maybe when I upgrade to Hardy I might, but right
>  now I have too many irons in the fire.
>
>  Oh, yeah, there is also WINE but I have never messed with that either.

I'm thinking of a better solution, BartPE. You can roll your own
bootable Windows CD. Anytime I have to update firmware for CD/DVD
drives or something else that is Windows only, I throw this in the CD,
boot off the disc to a preconfigured XP environment and away I go.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Only thing you need is obviously a working Windows box and the XP with SP2 CD.

I would include a link to the ISOs I made, however I made them with
our campus license of XP and don't want an legal trouble.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility