[SATLUG] Re: Programming file permissions

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 10:37:06 CDT 2008

In reference to the original message:

    I am trying to write a program for both Linux and Windows. I would like
    to create a file that restricts read/write permissions to the owner.
    I want to do that within a C++ program. Does anyone have any idea how
    to do this?

Isn't this what POSIX was designed to handle? Couldn't you use the same POSIX functions to handle both the Linux and the Windows files?
I'm not speaking from experience of actually having used these functions, however: just from some notion of the original intention of POSIX.

Frank Huddleston