[SATLUG] ATI dualhead config

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:49:17 CDT 2008

Borries Demeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get my ATI to work properly with a dual display. I can get the
> Xinerama option to work fine with RightOf/LeftOf multihead layout, but I cannot
> figure out how to get the clone option to work properly (where I can see the same desktop
> on the laptop as on the second display).

I don't know anything about ATI, but I would think that it would be in the
Device section.  For instance I have a nvidia card but have:

Section "Device"
     ### Available Driver options are:-
     ### [arg]: arg optional
     #Option     "TwinView"                  # [<bool>]
     #Option     "TwinViewOrientation"       # <str>
     #Option     "SecondMonitorHorizSync"    # <str>
     #Option     "SecondMonitorVertRefresh"  # <str>
     Identifier  "Card0"
     Driver      "nvidia"
     VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
     BoardName   "Unknown Board"
EndSection

I would start looking for documentation for the fglrx driver.

   -- Bruce