[SATLUG] ATI dualhead config

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Apr 6 20:44:42 CDT 2008

> This gives me the performance advantage of NOT using Xinerama to
> display the 2nd monitor. In your Monitor section you should give it
> the VertRefresh and HorizSync for the 2nd monitor and the Screen
> section should have the resolution settings.

You are right, Xinerama is not needed for cloning. But I have the same problem - the second
screen comes up with a virtual screen size identical to the laptop's screen.

Both screens come up with the right physical size as defined in the xorg.conf file,
regardless of whether I use Xinerama or not, so this didn't solve the problem.

-Borries