[SATLUG] Usenet Reader

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Tue Apr 8 13:57:10 CDT 2008

Quoting Deepan <codeshepherd at gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
> Can someone suggest me application to browse and
> send messages to Usenet? Also it would be great if
> you can recommond some free quality usenet
> servers. It will be great if I can install them
> using yum or apt or port. I tried Unison, it
> prompts me to buy. Google groups for usenet does
> not let me send messages via email. Does other
> apps do ?
> Regards
> Deepan

Back in the day when I used to peruse usenet, I used pan. It worked
quite well.
I can't remember the usenet place I used, probably grande's or time warner's.

Here's a list of free servers, no clue on quality:

I've heard many good things about easynews.com, they're $9.95 for the
first 20gb or 30 days, whichever comes first. And there's a few ways
to get extra gigs of credits by doing stuff, or something. Anyway,
that's all i know.
David Kowis
|       www.ronpaul2008.com      |    www.sourcemage.org         |
|      Ron Paul for President!   |   SourceMage GNU/Linux        |