[SATLUG] missing plugin

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Apr 8 23:03:06 CDT 2008

> On Gentoo, the plugin is enabled just by turning on the "nsplugin" USE
> flag for the build. You can see if your package includes it by checking
> if it has files named "libvlcplugin.*" (they should be in your browser
> plugin directory, usually /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins. E.g. on Gentoo:
>
>     $ qlist vlc | grep libvlcplugin
>     /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/libvlcplugin.la
>     /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/libvlcplugin.so
>

> If you don't see similar files, then the vlc plugin is not present.

I don't have 'qlist' on my box, but here is what I can do:

vlc-config --list builtin
  memcpymmx i420_rgb_mmx i422_yuy2_mmx i420_ymga_mmx i420_yuy2_mmx memcpymmxext memcpy3dn  mux_ts

vlc-config --list plugin
 dummy logger memcpy mpgv mpga m4v m4a h264 ps pva avi asf mp4 rawdv nsv real aiff mjpeg demuxdump flac tta cvdsub svcdsub spudec telx subsdec dvbsub mpeg_audio lpcm a52 dts cinepak flacdec deinterlace invert adjust transform distort motionblur rv32 fixed32tos16 s16tofixed32 u8tofixed32 trivial_resampler ugly_resampler trivial_channel_mixer trivial_mixer playlist export sgimb m3u nsc xtag i420_rgb rawvideo blend scale image logo magnify wav araw subtitle vobsub adpcm a52sys dtssys au ty voc xa nuv access_directory access_file access_udp access_tcp access_http access_mms access_ftp ipv4 packetizer_mpegvideo packetizer_h264 packetizer_mpeg4video packetizer_mpeg4audio access_fake access_filter_timeshift access_filter_record access_filter_dump gestures rc telnet hotkeys netsync showintf time marq podcast shout sap fake rss mosaic wall motiondetect clone crop i420_yuy2 i422_yuy2 i420_ymga aout_file linear_resampler bandlimited_resampler float32_mixer spdif_mixer simple_channel_mixer dolby_surround_decoder headphone_channel_mixer normvol equalizer param_eq fixed32tofloat32 float32tos16 float32tos8 float32tou16 float32tou8 a52tospdif dtstospdif s16tofloat32 s16tofloat32swab s8tofloat32 u8tofloat32 audio_format screensaver access_output_dummy access_output_udp access_output_file access_output_http mux_ps mux_avi mux_mp4 mux_asf mux_dummy mux_wav mux_mpjpeg packetizer_copy stream_out_dummy stream_out_standard stream_out_es stream_out_rtp stream_out_description vod_rtsp stream_out_duplicate stream_out_gather stream_out_display stream_out_transcode stream_out_bridge stream_out_mosaic_bridge http growl dvdread dvdnav access_smb ts vcd cdda screen ipv6 ogg mux_ogg mkv mpgatofixed32 id3tag ffmpeg stream_out_switcher a52tofloat32 libmpeg2 vorbis png osdmenu x264 cmml x11 xvideo glx opengl vout_sdl aout_sdl sdl_image freetype xml fb oss alsa skins2 wxwidgets visual bonjour

Not sure if that tells you anything?

-borries