[SATLUG] missing plugin

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Apr 9 08:34:28 CDT 2008

> Those tell you what capabilities have been linked into VLC, but not
> whether VLC's plugin has been linked into Firefox. "qlist" was a Gentoo
> example. I meant to use whatever is appropriate for your distro ("rpm
> -ql vlc" or "dpkg --listfiles vlc" or whateverfor your distro). You
> could also just try looking in /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins - I think
> that's the usual location, so there's a good chance that you'll be able
> to confirm that the VLC firefox plugin is present.
>
> Mike Nerone

Mike,

I could only find one related package, and that would be the only one
that would be listed in my packaging system, and the plugin is not part
of it. I check the plugin dirs, nothing got installed there when I installed
vlc, so I guess the answer is there is no plugin for vlc on my computer.
Oh well, that's OK, mplayer pluging works for everything else, except
this particular codec.

-Borries