[SATLUG] Help with Sign-in

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 15:25:01 CDT 2008

Just got and installed Ubuntu 7.10 and it works well for me so far.  Worked well as a live CD, too, with most of the bells and whistles recent Windows converts could recognize and use.
  Since I'm the only user of this PC, is there an easy way this relative newcomer to Linux operating systems can eliminate the sign-in process?  (Security is not an issue for me.)  Typing in my user name and my password is not that hard, but it would be easier for me to just start the machine and walk away while it booted up instead of having to wait until the sign-in page came on.  Thanks for the help.