[SATLUG] Help with Sign-in

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Thu Apr 10 17:00:20 CDT 2008

The Display Manager (DM) will handle this.  SInce you mentioned Ubuntu, it
is Gnome (GDM).

Google: gdm autologin.  A reasonable result:
http://www.linfo.org/automatic_login.html.

Ubuntu may have a GUI or preferred place to handle these sorts of things
(Suse has a security module for Yast that sets this up in the DM)  AFAIK KDM
and GDM use different methods (KDM's is in the control panel, I haven't used
GDM for a while so I don't know if it is in the gnome control center or not)