[SATLUG] Home network

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon Apr 14 08:03:03 CDT 2008

To Justin:  User must be in remote desktop security group, and remote
desktop must be enabled (It seems the first is your problem).
To Geoff:  NX (in my case I am using FreeNX) works "like" rdesktop, with a
couple exceptions (Burning DVD's to actual media is an example, rather than
just ISOs).  What I really like is that is works over SSH, so no addtl ports
opened, nor additional security/authentication infrastructures.  I am not
sure whether "like" for you is linux -> windows or simply remote GUI.  If
the latter, check out NX, as it has session management (ie you can
disconnect and the session still exists) and is multiplatform.  I use it
regularly to get access to a real desktop with real tools from my windows
box  ;)

HTH,
jp