[SATLUG] Printer repair

John Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:35:38 CDT 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008 11:44:41 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I'm looking for a recommendation for getting a printer repaired.
>
> It is an HP Business Inkjet 2250.  It is a few years old and was relatively
> expensive.  I have new ink cartridges in and have tried the print head
> cleaning, but I can only get black and a couple of streaks of blue and on
> the printer test page.  The is no magenta or yellow at all.  I figure
> something is blocking the lines that deliver the color because I don't
> print that much color.
>
> Does anyone have good results with a printer repair facility in town?
>
>    -- Bruce

Sometimes the best way to fix them is to run the clean utility over and over
and over until they print properly. I seriously mean run the clean twenty,
thirty, forty times if necessary... keep using the same paper over and over
for the test prints so you don't waste paper. They will usually eventually
unclog and start printing in all colors.
Since these are new cartridges and you are having this trouble, the print head
must not be built into the cartridge (I'm not familiar with the model), else
the print head would be clean and new with each new cartridge. So the
agonizing task of running the clean utility many, many times might be worth
saving the cost of having a shop do it.
If forty cleanings do not clear the print head, then a repair shop is the only
other option.