[SATLUG] Printer repair

Matt Graham matthewalan77 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:35:48 CDT 2008

The printer mostly likely needs to be serviced if you have changed the
cartridges and printer head and still have the issue.  Inkjet printers have
whats called a service station which clean the printheads after each page
and caps the printheads when not in use.  When the wiper blades on the
service station get built up with ink residue and sludge, they do more
damage that good.  They will actually destroy any new printhead installed in
some cases.  There are a couple of HP authorized service centers here in SA,
but I would NOT recommend one of them. For objectivity reasons I will list
the two I have extensive knowledge of.

Printer Solutions
http://www.fixmyprinter.com/
BEWARE!!!!  While he will come off as a very community friendly man, the
Owner of the company, James Thomas, is a Tyrant and an all around not nice
guys

Knight Office Solutions
http://www.knightoffice.com/
THESE ARE GOOD GUYS.  The owner, Mitch, is a very respectable man who has
root in SA, and has dominated the industry for years.

I speak from personal knowledge of the industry and close personal
relationships with both the companies listed.  I spent 4 years in the
printer repair industry after separating from the military in 2001.

Hope this helps.  You call tell either one of these gentleman that Matt
Graham sent you, though the reception at Printer Solution may nor be a nice
one.  I will be testifying in court against him on employment issues as well
as shady business practices.