[SATLUG] Printer repair

rsuberg at satx.rr.com rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Mon Apr 14 22:46:32 CDT 2008

I happen to work at Knight Office Solutions, and have heard several horror stories from Printer Solutions (of which I won't repeat).  I do agree that the first thing to do is to replace print heads, since you say you don't do much color.  Especially since on that machine the print heads are not on the ink cartridges like they are with just about all other ink jets that HP makes.  It is quite common for print heads that are not used to dry out.  Even if you don't do a lot of color, it helps to do some once in a while just to keep everything flowing.  I often suggest in siminar situations when you get it working to print out some kind of small picture that is fairly colorful about once a month.  That won't keep you from having problems, but will help keep your problems down.  The print heads do expire about 24 months after manufacturing, and that date is usually printed on the print head itself.  If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at the office and I will do what I can for you.

Richard