[SATLUG] OpenSolaris on VirtualBox

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:10:15 CDT 2008

I have been playing around with virtual box to see how it compares with
vmware (which is what I have been using for a long time now) and I like it.
At the LUGRadio convention this past weekend, SUN was handing out Developer
Previews of their OpenSolaris desktop distro, and I can't seem to get it
installed in virtual box.  It is supposed to be based off of Solaris 10, so
perhaps someone has more experience with that product.

As an aside, I was surprised to see SUN and FreeBSD both in attendance with
new custom rolled desktop distributions based on Unix.  I had to smile.

Ernest de Leon

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

government." - Edward Abbey