[SATLUG] OT - 2.5" hard drive recommendations

Sean I siffland at nerdshack.com
Tue Apr 15 16:09:35 CDT 2008

I have been searching online for a decent 2.5" hard drive for my
file/music server, however the consensus is they do not last.  I have
been researching this and the best I found is the seagate momentus
drive.  I need the drive to be at least 120GB's, speed is not a big
factor and it has to be IDE and i would prefer low power consumption.
Does anyone have any recommendations?  It will be on 24/7 but not
always in use and the OS will not reside on the disk.  The disk will
have pretty much just the files on it.  Also do you all think I would
get better life out of the drive with a non journaled file system?
Any recommendations are appreciated, personal experiences with
hardware is the best.

Sean