[SATLUG] Interesting phishing email

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Apr 17 11:43:37 CDT 2008

Dennis Myhand wrote:
> Ernest De Leon wrote:
>> ah...a new proponent of disinformation!
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Dennis Myhand <dmyhand at suddenlink.net>
>> wrote:
>
> Anything I can do to make things easy enough that they screw
> themselves up.

I've gotten my 3rd this week (actually, in the last 2 days - post 15 April)

something along the lines of.

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have
determined that
you are eligible to receive a tax refund of *$620.50*.
Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 3-6 days in order to
process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons.
For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please *click here
<http://62.219.243.194/cisco/.secure/.server/gr/login.html>*
(http://62.219.243.194/cisco/.secure/.server/gr/login.html)
(does that ip look like www.irs.gov to you?)

*Note:* For security reasons, we will record your ip-address, the date
and time.
Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and indicated.

Regards,
Internal Revenue Service

--
-Geoff