[SATLUG] Firefly 4 GB Flashdrive - unreadable

John Chalinder argiod at bresnan.net
Fri Apr 18 02:52:36 CDT 2008

I have a Lexar Firefly 4GB flash drive that, while 'properties' tells me it's
ok, and my laptop recognises what sort of a drive it is, it will not respond
to any action.
I've tried formatting, I've tried ejecting, I've tried checking for errors.
Nada, zip, zero response. Can't even change its name.

Any idea what could be wrong with this device, and how/if it can be fixed? It
cost me around $60 and it's been too long to take it back to the store and
refund/exchange it.

Maybe it doesn't like Ubuntu Linux formatting...? Maybe it doesn't like to be
reformatted at all.