[SATLUG] Firefly 4 GB Flashdrive - unreadable

Don Wright wmail at wricomp.com
Fri Apr 18 16:54:03 CDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:19:40 -0600, "John Chalinder"
<argiod at bresnan.net> wrote:

>When I connect the device the led on it flashes once. Then I can find the icon
>for it in MyComputer (yeah, I know, it's Window$) as Removeable Disk (E:)
>Clicking on the icon brings the msg: "Please insert a disk into drive E:."

OK, since you have a Redmond box available, have you searched the
manufacturer's website for a reformat utility to bring your flash drive
back to factory-fresh condition? Many of these drives need specific
utilities, which supports the contention that the firmware is neither
standardized nor robust.  --Don

I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tourist tongues on
fire over tacos at Mi Tierra. I watched HS bands glitter in the dark
near the Hemisfair Gate. All these moments will be lost in time,
like beer at NIOSA. Time to party.