[SATLUG] OT(?sorta) Linksys WCG200 - DHCP wrong (or bad) address with routing and NAT turned on

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Apr 19 11:12:38 CDT 2008

On 4/19/08, ed wrote:

>  Hm.  I've known T-W/RR to be finicky or unusual at times, but they
>  haven't pulled this one on me, and  I've been with them since '99...

I happen to know the guy who's the postmaster at TW/RR, and he's also
one of their top IT security guys, if not the top guy.  He's a former
co-worker of mine from AOL, and he's a really good guy and tries to
run a pretty tight ship.

However, he's got lots of legacy issues to deal with since TW/RR is
built up of many different much smaller cable companies that in many
ways still operate completely independently, even down to the levels
of different methods of implementing anti-spam technologies on their
servers, how permissive or restrictive they are with regard to
high-bandwidth applications, etc....

But overall, of the big broadband providers, I would definitely rate
TW/RR as head-and-shoulders above all the others.