[SATLUG] MySQL and Sun Talks about the Open Source risks to MySQL

tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Mon Apr 21 11:15:07 CDT 2008

Hey all..

Just FYI.. This is a discussion going on between some of the MySQL User Group
(just started this month) here in town and a Sun/MySQLAB employee regarding
the risks of MySQL and it's various open (and closed) source components...

If you want to join the group, see here:
	http://mysql.meetup.com/284/

Not sure where the next meeting's going to be.  The last one was at Rackspace
HQ (on Datapoint), but there's talk about moving it to Dave & Busters.

The next meeting sounds like it's going to be comparing and contrasting
production use of PostgreSQL vs MySQL (both owned by Sun now!).
Join the group list to find out more.

Tweeks