Fwd: Re: [SATLUG] Printer repair

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:14:34 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Thanks to all on this issue.  After some thought, I have ordered new print
> heads.  If that doesn't work, I'll try a local repair shop.
> >
>  Just to complete this thread, I got the new print heads ($100) and now the
> printer works fine.  I will just have to remember to print color more often
> so the print heads don't clog up.
>   -- Bruce

Thanks for the update.
When I had this problem in the past and money was tight, I set up a
script to print a test page.
Any page that will exercise the color.
Mine printed at bootup since my problem was that my machine with the
printer was off more than it was on.
In areas where the machines are up 24x7xforever the script was in cron.
As you well know you can make this as exotic as you want.
In the very distant past there were even some third party packages to do this.
Yes, I am old enough to remember "printer exercisers".