[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.04

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Apr 27 01:28:52 CDT 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008 08:58:05 pm Don Crowder wrote:
> Luis Garza wrote:
> > Has anyone downloaded and tried Ubuntu 8.04 yet?
> I much prefer KDE so I tried Kubuntu 8.04.

I'm on 7.10 now... but will soon be upgrading.. and also am a kununtu fan
(just do an "apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" on a standard ubuntu load ;)

Anyway, does anyone know of any good kubuntu guides for setting up a kubuntu
system as well as the stock Gnome type Ubuntu system is set up.  I'm finding
that I'm having to manually catch and install many KDE apps and packages to
get the full functionality that seems stock on the Gnome side.

Any suggestions or tips?