[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.04

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 02:34:57 CDT 2008

Tweeks wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 08:58:05 pm Don Crowder wrote:
>
>> Luis Garza wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone downloaded and tried Ubuntu 8.04 yet?
>>>
>> I much prefer KDE so I tried Kubuntu 8.04.
>>

> I'm on 7.10 now... but will soon be upgrading.. and also am a kununtu fan
> (just do an "apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" on a standard ubuntu load ;)
>
> Anyway, does anyone know of any good kubuntu guides for setting up a kubuntu
> system as well as the stock Gnome type Ubuntu system is set up.  I'm finding
> that I'm having to manually catch and install many KDE apps and packages to
> get the full functionality that seems stock on the Gnome side.
>
> Any suggestions or tips?
>
> Tweeks

I'm still on 7.10 on my laptop, while I have my test cooker upgrading
from 6.10 to 7.10 to 8.04.  I'm not moving there on the laptop until I
see what it does on my test machine.  (Already had one bad experience
there...)  may be some time involved, but I enjoy playing with it, and
there are some things from back in 6.10 that I want to retain.

Cheers;
Ed