[SATLUG] what startup file to call xmodmap in XFCE

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 14:09:37 CDT 2008

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org wrote: So I'm using XFCE in mythbuntu, and I'm not that familiar with the
startup script locations in these window manager packages (XFCE, KDE,

Supposing I wanted to call xmodmap whenever X was started, for any
user (or even for my single mythtv user), where would I call it?

Normally I'd use .xinitrc, but I'm not sure that gets invoked if you
log in via XDM.

What's the correct place to put it?

For that matter, how would I invoke ~/.profile each time, since I'm not
logging in through the method I'm familiar with?
Crypto ergo sum.  https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
My password is easy to remember; it's the digits of Pi.  All of them.
SATLUG mailing list
SATLUG at satlug.org