[SATLUG] Logging Into the GUI as Root in Ubuntu

John Ziriax ziriax at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:56:57 CDT 2008

Haven't tried that but the following will give root a password.

>From commandline

Sudo su -

Now your prompt should be a #
(This is all I've ever used. But to get X programs to run do  but you
have to allow root to display and set root to display. )

#passwd

And enter a password.

Don't know if that gets you X or not.

John