[SATLUG] OT:

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:50:35 CDT 2008

I would say that this is a decision that you gotta make based on your gut
feeling for the supervisor.  I would think that this would look good to
future employers, however, if you decided not to go anywhere from your
current employer it could really stunt your growth with the company (ie, why
would they invest more money into someone who is going to leave anyway).
Depending on the relationship you have with your current supervisor a simple
honest question if they feel it would be out of line is certainly
acceptable.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:24 PM, twistedpickles <twistedpickles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I had a hard time picking a subject. I struggled for a few minutes...
>
> Anyhow I wanted to bring a question to the group. I am currently at a
> crossroads at work and I am entertaining the idea of new employment.
> I've talked with my immediate supervisors and have informed them of my
> possible exit. Is it in bad taste or bad business (I'm thinking of my
> future employers) to ask for letter of recommendations from other
> supervisors I have worked with? My question may seem piddly but I've
> been employed with for nearly 9 years and all my previous jobs I've
> had because of someone I've known. I've heard job hunting or finding
> is fierce. The dilemma is if I decide to stay.

> --
> ::twistedPickles:: :

Travis Runty
210.391.3949