[SATLUG] LUKS encrypting logical volumes on Debian Lenny Server

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 12:29:17 CDT 2008

There's a problem with having LUKS to encrypt everything on the hard drive witch is all in Logical Volume Management. Each time it reboots, it asks for the paraphrase. It would be nice if I could send it the encryption paraphrase over a network connection. What is normally done about this? My server doesn't go down anymore because it has way more cooling than it needs. You guys got to see some picture later that I'll post of this home built heavily modded monster Linux sky scraper. But what if I need to reboot to have the filesystem relabled by SELinux because I changed the Policy Type, or because I want to upgrade to a newer kernel? I have to leave right now. Thanks in advanced.

SKYPE:	fakie_flip
AIM:	good bye300
IRC:	linux_user400354
LQ FORUMS AND YIM: fakie_flip