[SATLUG] Thank God for Linux

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:56:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 10:24 -0700, Chris Lemire wrote:
> In this case, you could say the devil created microsoft, but then someone else could say what about devil linux?

Why would you say that? There are a lot of good things that have come
from Microsoft. And not everything in linux is good.

Thank God for (X) is just an expression, it need not be picked apart so.
In this thread perhaps you could say "Thank God that he gave the
inspiration for linux to Linus," or "Thank God that we aren't limited to
using Windows." And actually, if you believe in God and the devil, aka.
Satan, the you would know that the devil creates nothing and only wants
to destroy.

That said, this really isn't the place to discuss the finer points of our spiritual beliefs.

~Nate