[SATLUG] HD Partitioning again

Justin Burdette justin.burdette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:00:34 CDT 2008

I'll be getting my new 750GB drive tomorrow, and I'm planning to keep my
200GB in with it. Currently my 200GB is divided like this:

30GB /
3GB swap
74GB /home
77GB /common (I made that so all users could access pictures, music, video,
etc.)

What I'd like to do, ideally without having to reinstall my OS, is the
following:

200GB drive:

Set all but 12GB as /
Remaining 12GB for swap

750GB drive:

350GB for /home
remaining for /common

Is there a fairly safe way to resize the partitions on the 200GB after
everything has been copied over? I'm pretty sure I can edit fstab without a
problem...if not, I can just pop in the OpenSUSE DVD and do that without
reinstalling, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for helping me out again!

Justin