[SATLUG] HD Partitioning again

Justin Burdette justin.burdette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 21:15:22 CDT 2008

I've got 4GB of RAM right now, not running out of swap, might just stick
with 4GB or maybe 8.

Right now my 30GB for / is about half full and grows a bit every time I get
bored and browse software repositories...last time I added about 500MB of
random stuff I wanted to play with. (I don't have anything separate for /usr
or /var.) I also plan to install X-Plane. I know the full install takes up
about 60GB, and I'm not sure where that all ends up.

I've already started backing things up on DVDs and over my network just in
case I screw up though :)

Another idea, if I decide to take the 200GB out...can I simply copy
everything from one HD to the other (using Knoppix or something like it)
without issue, then make sure fstab is all correct?

Justin