[SATLUG] Continuing Wireless Problem

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 10:40:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Andrew Pickens <wg5o at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Is there any reason for using 64-bit Ubuntu other than to utilize 64-bit
> from your hardware?"
>
> I don't know ... I'm not sure I have an option.
>
> 'Is your Windows XP installation 64-bit?"
>
> Yes. (I think.)
>
> "... but unless you have more than 4GB of RAM, it's not going to
> be all that helpful."
>
> I only have 960 M of RAM.  I've had the box 16 months, and this is the first
> problem identified as related to 64 bits.
>
> Thanks, I'll check and see if I can go the suggested route.
>
> Andy

Andy,

I'm running the 64-bit version of Ubuntu 8.04 here.  Yes, there are a
few things that I miss, like a 64-bit version of sunjava, but I don't
have any issues with it.  Although, it's my main server, and it's hard
wired into the router, so I don't use wireless.

Does dmesg tell you anything after modprobe ndiswrapper doesn't work?
Does /var/log/messages, /var/log/kern.log give any hints?

Ed