[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1

K. Reginald Buckner buckmiester35 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 11:35:36 CDT 2008

> KC wrote:
>
> > > I HAD forgotten about the Newton, though. Another awesome product that
> > > was ahead of it's time. I was really inspired by those, though I never
> > > was in a position to buy one. There was a LONG gap between the Newton
> and
> > > whatever came next, huh?
>
> > PalmOS.
>
> > > What DID come next? Palm and Windows CE?

As for early PDAs, The second pocket device I saw first about late 1993  was
Sharp Zaurus with its own OS. It seemed neat to me because it seemed exactly
like a pocket notebook computer. Isaw a Apple Newton first but didnt know
where 2 buy one. It was even featured in Under Siege 2 movie carried by an
ex Seal Team expert( Steven Seagal). Netwon was a revolutionary device which
most of its features showed up in Palm Pilots.
 I believe the Palm OS, Symbian OS and then Windows CE/Pocket PC OS/Windows
Mobile lineup. Sharp was the first PDA maker to use Debian  Linux as an OS
back about 2001-2002 I think.

Yes I used Palm PDAs more than any and I never liked Pocket PCs with Win CE.
I do want to use either Mac OS based PDA or LInux PDA now/

Check out these 2 links guys and tell me what U think:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4579470

Reggie Buckner