[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:39:00 CDT 2008

This thread has me itching to use my soldering iron again.. :P

I have somehow amassed 4 compaq ipaq (the real compaq precursor to HP)
handhelds and have a couple of nifty accessories to go with them (a
dual CF adapter and a single PCMCIA adapter) and have wanted to do
some hacking on them beyond loading ministumbler and munging a Linksys
wireless driver to init an SMC wireless card.

There is a hack where you can carve out a RS232 serial port out of the
docking station and I happen to have two of those as well.  According
to handhelds.org, all of the work will require the serial port for
remote connection at least until you get some manner of network
connection up.  I have a PCMCIA card for 10/100 networking as well
which should make for an interesting toy to play with. (streaming
portable (pending wireless) media console that pulls from a home
server?)

As soon as I can get some additional funding for this, I'm going to
definately put one under the knife, but right now all of them are in
need of batteries.

FIRESTORM_v1