[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 21:42:02 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 21:37 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Google maps for Treo kicks ass, but there is no GPS in the
> 755p which sucks.

Yeah, GPS is really a feature of the 3G phones. As the Palm OS will
cannot make use of the extra bandwidth, and has no real multitasking
abilities, it would be pointless to bring Palm OS devices to 3G and by
extension include GPS.

> I am *so* itching to get an iPhone now that it groks Cisco VPN.  I don't
> give a hoot for the music playing capabilities, but the faux GPS and
> mapping and web stuff is pretty awesome.

Just remind yourself, it's a closed system, does not shoot video and has
no real keyboard. Plus, it's not on Verizon's network.

Palm's new devices are supposed to be something special. We should know
soon.

~Nate