[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 23:05:30 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 22:32 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> I don't give a rat's ass about the multimedia stuff.  Pix and video and
> music mean nada to me.

Well, alrighty then. We have an infant and it's nice having video on the
phone for those special moments when they happen.

> >  and has
> > no real keyboard.
>
> I dunno - I have coworkers who have iPhones and they type as fast or
> faster than I do on my Palm after a very short amount of practice.

The one on the n800 is pretty good too, but it is no replacement for a
real keyboard.

> I've been hearing that for too long.  I've really, really lost faith in
> Palm.  I also hear rumors that they are abandoning Palm OS and doing
> Windows Mobile in the future.  I'll do iPod before I do Windows.

First off, the whole Windows Mobile only thing is just a rumor and is
most definitely not true. While I am also lost faith in Palm, to an
extent, what I know about the new OS is enough to keep me interested: it
will be a Linux based system, the interface is being handled by the UI
crew that defected from Helio. Jeff Hawkins and Co. are aware of the
stakes in the new PDA-phone game. I don't think they will disappoint.

~Nate